GSX Analyzer benefits
Distribute Performance Data to Specific Individuals
- Different IT administrators and operational managers have an interest in particular data points regarding the performance of your collaboration portfolio. Equally, there may only be particular things they need to know—anything else would be noise. With Profiles in GSX Analyzer, you can provide selective access to particular reports to specified users and groups.
- IT administrators and operational managers get the information they need to make effective decisions about enhancing the performance of your collaboration portfolio, without drowning in a torrent of unnecessary information. Access to the data is secured to particular users and groups, and the structured interface means they don’t get lost trying to figure out what all the information means.
Track the Health of Your Entire Collaboration Environment
- Snapshot data from GSX Monitor is helpful for seeing what’s going on “right now” with your collaboration portfolio. GSX Analyzer brings additional insight with the Environmental Health feature, which shows the overall health of servers and services over time.
- Correlating different health statistics for collaboration servers and services enables the IT administrator to understand what’s not working as well as it should, and zero in on those particular factors. Corrective action to resolve underperforming portfolio elements can be justified from the data, not made on the basis of wild guesses.
Be Smart About Cause-and-Effect for SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Many IT departments are held accountable for performance against an SLA—such as percentage uptime for particular services. While an SLA is a good outcome measure for assessing overall performance, it doesn’t give any insight into how to improve performance. In order to improve performance, you need to be clear about the connection between input factors—which we at GSX call KPIs—and the overall SLA metric.
- By correlating how KPIs affect the SLA, we enable you to be smart about cause-and-effect. You are able to see which KPI is dragging down SLA performance, and take corrective action before business users are impacted. IT administrators don’t waste time and money chasing causes that don’t have an effect, and IT departments don’t face SLA financial penalty payments.
Track Performance of Key Statistics Over Time
- Trend Reports in GSX Analyzer plot the performance of key messaging and collaboration statistics over time. IT administrators can quickly check whether problems are due to system elements being left to fester, or merely an ad hoc one-day event.
- By seeing performance data systemically, corrective action can be targeted at underperforming areas. IT administrators don’t have to make unsubstantiated attempts to resolve problems, since clear historical data is available to inform proposed actions.
Automatically Generate Reports on Trending Performance
- Trend Reports can be accessed at any time via the GSX Analyzer interface, but many people prefer to receive their reports by email. Trend Reports can be automatically generated at scheduled intervals, and distributed by email to the people who need to know what’s going on. For anyone who needs an ad hoc report created, GSX Analyzer can do that too.
- The right people automatically receive the reports they need for tracking and decision-making. Manual effort is not required to create and distribute the reports, because the system generates and distributes them automatically. People reviewing their reports on a mobile device have an interface that’s optimized for small devices.