How to monitor your Messaging Environment hosted in the Cloud?
Whether it's pressure from the C-level to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO), increasing complexity of managing virtualized environments, or demand from end-users to be able to access applications and data from any device and from wherever they are on the network, the move to the Cloud is happening for good reasons.
GSX Monitor & Analyzer goes beyond a simple monitoring and reporting tool as it:
- Guarantees the success of your migration.
- Guarantees the users’ satisfaction and adoption of the Cloud.
- Decreases your number of support calls and associated costs.
- Provides critical information regarding the quality of the infrastructure and services delivered.
GSX Monitor & Analyzer Main Features:
Multi-stations Monitoring and Intuitive Dashboard
Customers may have multiple sites across a country, a continent or even worldwide. Moving to the Cloud often results in having to select one Cloud datacenter, even if your offices are spread around the globe. The only way to measure performance effectively is to see things from an end-user perspective, therefore using a Cloud infrastructure from multiple sites allows to anticipate, detect, diagnose and fix all latency problems which are bound to happen.
GSX Solutions provides a real-time and consolidated view of the user experience from multiple locations so you can proactively compare, trend, identify bottlenecks and manage alerts and analyze services. With our multi-station architecture, GSX Solutions can detect if certain sites have issues compared to others, and determine whether the problem exists with the Exchange Online itself or because of network latency from the ISP or internal network.
Advanced synthetic transactions through powerful end-user scenarios
GSX Monitor & Analyzer allows IT administrators to perform synthetic transactions to determine an application’s service levels from an end-user perspective, such as opening a mailbox, creating a folder, performing a task, sending an email, etc. You can also combine different scenarios to focus on a true user simulation and the ability to manipulate objects with Exchange Online. Customized scenarios allow IT administrators to link various situations together and gain a better understanding of the performance through each step, as well as the global performance of the complete process.
These scenarios include:
- Opening a Mailbox
- Creating meetings, tasks and folders
- Downloading attachments from an email
- Searching for folders, email messages, appointments and tasks
- Mail routing: creating, sending, forwarding and replying to an email
Simulating day-to-day activities like checking the execution time of Exchange services regroups multiple tasks such as opening a mailbox, opening a document stored in a folder, etc. Checking the execution time of the entire sequence and of each action in the sequence is crucial to manage the performance of critical activities for a Business Line.
Custom scenarios also help measure two very important metrics and capabilities. By linking the scenarios, you can:
- Create scenarios which really reflect what a user would do at a certain time of the day.
- Test the ability and the performance of Exchange Online to use items and objects that it creates.
Mail routing is also critical to verify the end-user service monitoring and not only for an organization running Exchange in a Hybrid Cloud environment. GSX Monitor can monitor mail routing between multiple servers and allows tracking mail routing performance between both environments to make sure that the routing path is in line with the pre-set SLAs.
These scenarios report on service uptime and latency. They also have a threshold to notify you when there is any slowdown in performance. The amount of success, failure and average execution time is displayed here below.
Troubleshoot Performance Issues
When simulating an end-user, GSX Solutions can place him in multiple sites. For example, you can measure performance for users compared to an intranet page and check the performance of your own network infrastructure. Similarly, by checking performance compared to an external webpage, you can measure the quality of the service provider's network. The most important point in either case is to look at the variation of various metrics over time.
GSX Solutions checks the following:
- URL's Monitoring: It allows you to compare latency between actions performed on Exchange Online by simply pinging the Exchange Online Portal. On top of that, you can also monitor an intranet page to measure your own network latency. Analyzing the performance of these URLs and comparing it with the performance metrics of the other scenarios lets you drill down to the root causes of performance degradation.
- Exchange Online Performance problems: Performance problems with Exchange Online will be detected if the performance of various test scenarios drops while the performance of the Exchange Online Portal remains stable. In this case, you cannot blame your internal network or your Internet provider - decreasing performance comes from Exchange Online itself.
- Network problems: If you compare Exchange Online Portal’s latency with an internal URL, you will know if the problem comes from your Internet service provider. Otherwise, you may look for the problem on the network topology, network switch or other equipment.
- Exchange Online Upload Bandwidth problems: If the time to access the Exchange Online portal increases with scenarios in the same proportion, and your Bing.com URL checks don’t have any issues, you will know that your infrastructure or Internet provider is not the problem.
Get reports on Availability, Performance and Usage of Exchange Online environments thanks to GSX Analyzer.
GSX Solutions covers all aspects of availability management, from the end-to-end performance tests, to the collect of server statistics, of usage and comparison of these statistics across all types of environments.
The previous trending capacity as well as the powerful forecasting features allow the IT administrator to control the performance of an entire environment.
IT administrators can get trend reports on the average time with GSX Analyzer as this gives the user the opportunity to understand the quality of Key Service deliveries in his environment.
The Environmental Health feature is also important as it provides you with KPI metrics to compare statistics on Exchange Online from multiple locations.
Get real time network latency diagnostic between your critical users and Office 365 Datacenter thanks to GSX Monitor.
GSX provides a central dashboard with the entire information you need to pinpoint and troubleshoot any end user latency.
GSX covers every part of the infrastructure and the Network from the user to the Cloud:
- Local Internal between each appliances
- Internet Service Provider
- Datacenter Internal between each equipment
The tests made at the location level allow IT Administrators to identify network bottlenecks in real time at every critical locations.
The constant availability and performance of messaging and collaboration applications is business-critical. More Information on SCOM and GSX Solutions integration
GSX provides the following competitive advantages:
- It is a critical bridge between System/Network team and Application team
- It does not require any customization, any scripting or any additional development
- It works on any type of Hybrid environment: Exchange 2010 / Online and Exchange 2013 / Online
- It is agentless
- It runs regular tests on Exchange 2013 with powerful end-user scenarios
- It provides an all-in-one solution with pre-set reporting and analytics capabilities
- It is focused on end-users performance whether SCOM is more system availability oriented