Look beyond server availability - monitor performance and health issues that may impact the applications relying on the Active Directory service
GSX Monitor & Analyzer for Active Directory helps IT admins to ensure smooth performance. Active Directory is a critical component in most distributed and hybrid environments. By enabling proactivity and instant alerts on health, usage and performance of the replications, GSX for Active Directory optimizes the management of all Active Directory services.
With GSX, IT administrators can monitor and troubleshoot their Active Directory services, the applications that are using it (Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business, Office 365), as well the entire network - all from one unified dashboard.
The new GSX Gizmo is a powerful web-based dashboard that gives the IT team the information they need, at the time they need it. Read more >>
- Powerful real time dashboard: Benefit from a single dashboard that delivers all your Active Directory services performance metrics from multiple locations to detect IT bottlenecks ahead of time. The dashboard displays the real-time status of front-end application servers that are using Active Directory.
- End-to-end performance monitoring including Active Directory availability and performance, network diagnostics, and front-end applications.
- End-user impacts: GSX performs end-user scenario, connecting as a user would connect for proactive incident management. One of them is the Exchange authentication, it simulates a user trying to authenticate through Microsoft applications (Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, Office 365).
- SQL server availability: GSX calculates the availability using query execution time, for IT administrators to easily visualize these metrics using graphs to compare servers and databases, detect bottlenecks, and be proactive in troubleshooting performance issues.
- Windows Server availability including CPU usage and RAM. GSX connects to the Windows server where the Active Directory is installed and check the server to ensure the resources are optimal for the Active Directory and replication to work correctly.
- Replication health monitoring: Automatically detect, alert and diagnose health of your intra and extra site replications.
- System performance monitoring: Keep track of anything that directly impacts Active Directory performance, including CPU usage, RAM usage, and critical windows services for fast troubleshooting.
- Network diagnostic: GSX continuously measures the network latency to ensure optimal performance and safe replications. GSX realizes ping of the servers, ensures that the telnet of the dedicated port is opened, and checks Active Directory Domain Service (NTDS) availability.
- Binding status monitoring: Tracking binding state, time and number of client sessions allows the IT team to drastically reduce the MTTR of authentication issues users experience. GSX checks the LDAP bind time, as well as the number of connections that can load the server and affect the bind time.
- Active Directory roles monitoring: GSX checks on role assignments in real time. It can send alerts if a role is not on a specific Active Directory any longer. The roles monitoring allows devops to be proactive, by detecting early crash signs of any Active Directory within a company’s global IT architecture.
- Real-time dashboard that can be shared across multiple teams relying directly on AD performance and health.
- End-to-end AD monitoring from the end user scenarios to the critical performance counters for efficient replication health monitoring.
- Optimize resource allocation by being able to better understand and predict overall usage to adjust the needs across the board.
- Customizable to tailored front-end application needs.
- Measure the performance from multiple locations to detect IT bottlenecks and identify datacenter or local performance issues.
- Troubleshooting is made easier reducing the mean time to repair (MTTR) as well as lengthy calls to the help desk.
- Receive availability and performance alerts for proactive incident management. Set up predefined thresholds on performance and anticipate potential issues before they impact the business.
- Report and analyze Active Directory performance to conduct valuable analysis for proactive decisions and optimization.
- Blog Posts
- Get control of your AD by checking replication health and Hybrid performance
- Bringing GSX Solutions into the Azure Worlde
- Product Spotlight
- Measure the QoS of your business applications
- Microsoft Applications
- Product Description for Exchange 2013
- Datasheet for Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Datasheet for Microsoft Exchange statistics 2013
- Product Description for Exchange Hybrid Coud
- Product Description for Skype for Business
- Product Description for SharePoint
- Product Description for SCOM
- Product Description GSX Analyzer