The wave of migration to Microsoft Office 365 has progressed aggressively, supported by the active partner ecosystem. There have been numerous advantages to moving to Office 365. Organizations with complex messaging and collaboration infrastructures have also made the move to cloud, and have been successful in implementation due to strong technical expertise from Microsoft and Service providers.
So what’s next for MSP’s post migration? – The End user Experience and Management wave for Office 365
- During Migration and Post migration, it has become critical to proactively monitor and manage performance of all the workloads, due to multiple issues encountered in terms of service disruption.
- End-user experience is the focus, especially now that the servers internally to the organization don’t need to be maintained and managed anymore. A real need to shift from uptime SLA has become a necessity.
- Costs of IT teams have dropped drastically on human resources as managing internal servers is no more a need, and this leaves a huge gap in critically assessing performance.
- Organizations are still looking towards their Managed service providers to offer low cost remote performance and management services for Office 365.
Why performance is still key and how can it be tackled
Today, post migration most of the organizations still are on Hybrid environment and the performance of Office 365 workloads clearly relies on an organizations internal infrastructure and internal servers for ADFS and AAD Connect. Since the managed service providers clearly understand the architecture, post migration there is an incredible need to provide performance monitoring and assessment solutions to perform the following actions:
- Troubleshoot effectively: Narrow down and identify if the issue is with the internet, intranet, ADFS or ADD Connect, or with the service itself.
- Use robotics for gauging end-user experience: Manual tasks are a mere waste of time and hence MSP’s have realized that automation is key to adopt the KISS model (Keep it simple and straightforward) to bring visibility into the black box situation.
- Run Synthetic tests: Synthetic automated tests provide proactive measures, reducing downtime and increasing productivity.
GSX being the best fit for MSP strategy for performance management on Office 365
Global and regional MSP’s have seen the trend and have started using GSX Solutions to provide services allowing them to manage multiple customers using one single interface. The new Gizmo Web Based interface and light GSX Robot Users make it the best solution to manage multiple customers. The fact that GSX can be used both in a shared service model or dedicated offshore service model provides a real advantage in terms of cost management.
Integration of the solution in any service provider’s ecosystem has become simpler than ever, and this makes GSX the right solution at the right time for MSP’s.
GSX Solutions has had extensive experience working with Managed Service Providers, allowing them to deliver best-in-class, remote monitoring and maintenance for environments.