Today the Hybrid approach is giving the best of both worlds by allowing customers to maximize the benefits of both a hosted delivery model and an On-premises model.
“Hybrid computing refers to the coordination and combination of external Cloud computing services (public or private) and internal infrastructure or application services,” says Gartner. The usage of the Cloud being forced upon IT departments to lower the infrastructure TCO, they require solutions that transition the organization as smoothly as possible and support them in making this move efficiently, avoiding impact on the Business line.
The benefits of monitoring the applications running in a Hybrid model vary from one customer to another but can summed this up as the following:
- Run applications where they are most needed and increase Business line acceptance:
- When performance is optimized and controlled, end users are more confident in using enterprise solutions
- One of the main roadblocks to encourage acceptance is performance
- Prove the quality of service to the Business line
- Lower the TCO of IT infrastructures, decrease costs of infrastructures and management:GSX provides an easy way to maximize the ROI of the Exchange Infrastructure as it offers the perfect solution for cost optimization prior to any migration to the Cloud
- It eases and speeds up the troubleshooting when performance issues happen at an end user level:
- Is the problem coming from your environment? If so, from where? Is it addressed to one or multiple users? When did it appear and why?
- Is the problem coming from the Cloud environment?
- Flexibility of resources allocation
- Following the exact consumption of resources and the usage of your infrastructure allows you to perfectly match the supply and demands, avoiding oversized or undersized infrastructures and therefor reducing costs
Hybrid Cloud can be the first step to full Cloud service usage
- Allow IT administrators to anticipate if the potential Business line performance slows down.
- Giving accurate metrics and proof of the performance and quality of services to each Business line.
Why GSX Monitor & Analyzer v10.7 is the best solution to manage your messaging environment.
- Preventing a few minutes of email down time, IT Managers will soon reach the ROI.
- Business continuity is a concern for many companies and suffering from a situation like not receiving emails due to the email server being down or the service being interrupted is not an option
- Better control in service delivery from a Business line perspective
All versions of Exchange 2007,2010, 2013 and online are supported on GSX Monitor & Analyzer v10.7 with the following new features:
- Intuitive console providing friendly overview on the entire Exchange organization –On premise and Online as well as the status of the end-to-end scenarios and spot check reports
- Service monitoring at the proxy, protocol, mailbox database, transport, and end-user level. Spot Check Reports on mailbox characteristics and public folders.
- Mail routing simulation across multiple Exchange organizations, across On-premises and Cloud environments or between internal and any external domain.
- User activity simulation and advanced troubleshooting