Lostusphere has finished last week with a special focus on Social Business with an eloquent tagline "Get Social-Do Business". It was a terrific event with thousands IBMers and lotus "aficionados". What a huge community don't you think?
It was for me even better as it was my first LS ever. I heard a lot of things- mostly good of course. Some people pre warned me with "do's and don't", other just bargained me with some "Tu vas pas t'en remettre"* "It is so amazing" "This is the power of IBM" and so forth but I cannot imagine how overwhelming it could be. Well I have to admit that I was not prepared for it…
What's definitely jumped to my mind was the sense of being part of a BIG family, a yellow one i am guessing- with technology passionate people- wearing fashion Yellow clothes (next year I promis I will bring my yellow frenchswiss touch)- I really felt the strong community and something Stirred inside me.
It was a very good place for meeting with brilliant guys and Nerd Girls (I have my badge now) coming from all over the world and it gives me a good idea of how IBM is leveraging its partners.
Even if it was brand new for me as a new GSX employee it is an annual Key Calendar entry for my company. I had the chance to discussed this after LS with the team and i have to admit that even for them this LS was SO special.
We as a company reinforced our brand awareness and visibility on the lotus IBM community. We are a major player in the Domino industry for the past 15 years with a big array of worldwide customers and partners, but this year is going to be a blast :
- Here a kind of wrap up from Antoine Leboyer our CEO : Lotuspherre 2011: the best moments, the real best giveaway and an exclusive comment from Don Draper
- Eileen Fitzergerald our VP Product Management and Customer Delivery- was just brilliant - a big applause to her- she never stopped. She was involved as a speaker in numerous roundtables and presentations, including the Ed Brills whats next in Domino session where we announced that our famous GSX Monitor is now IBM LotusLive Ready and can check for the availability of LotusLive servers.
- We announced new upcoming features that extend the capabilities of GSX Monitor and analyzer , and announced the eminent release of Monitor 10 (Now including LotusLive, Quickr and Traveler) and ID Manager six with new Service requests and now BES requests included.
GSX were also proud to sponsor the Great Geek Challenge and also assist with prizes for the Annual Golf Tournament.
We also would like to congratulate the GSX Kindle winners:
- Kevin Krawczuk of Prudential Financial NJ, USA
- Andreas Ponte from Belsoft AG Zurich, Switzerland
We hope that you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed offering them to you :)
This was my little wrap-up as a new comer in the BIG family.
We all see you next year with a lot of pleasure!
*In french in the text "you will not believe it"