Validation of Architecture Sizing
During the design process, you tried to forecast the needs of end users and the impact of the load when the servers are "in production".
Now it is time to prove that both the architecture and the global design of the Exchange organization are correct.
GSX is completely agentless, simple to install on site or remotely and collects statistics on the server load, usage of the infrastructure, mail flows, performance, storage and quota management.
GSX's Specific Approach
Collect Statistics Remotely over a set Period of Time
In order to analyze the usage, how the users impact the servers, how the storage is used, if the sizing is well sized for daily peaks of change (8 – 9 am when everyone opens their laptop, for example), you need statistics over a set period of time.
GSX Monitor & Analyzer can do that without impacting the servers, remotely at your site or at the customer's site. It constantly collects information, shows the results in real time and consolidates the information to deliver user friendly reporting with unique trend analysis and forecasting features.
In just a second, GSX can dive into the Exchange configuration and prove that the architecture is set correctly, based on specific critical aspects:
- Outlook is set correctly anywhere
- OAB is set correctly
- OWA is reachable in a reasonable amount of time
- High availability is set correctly with enough passive copy to dispatch correctly
Environmental Health View
GSX Analyzer provides an exclusive feature called Environmental Health that allows you to draw out the entire environment based on the statistics you want.
You can draw out the environment and compare the servers in terms of:
- Availability: for example, by Exchange or SharePoint role
- Performance: see which protocols are performing well, know what is used the most, find out the if mail routing meets the SLA's, see if others don't, etc.
- Usage: know which servers send or receive the largest number of emails, find which server has the maximum number of connections over a set period of time, see which Web Fronts are over loaded, find out which Domino servers have a longer replication process, etc.
- System: see which server consumes the highest amount, RAM, CPU, know which disk is often full despite regular compacting processes, etc.
Because the reporting tool is really user friendly and designed for anyone to use it, you can offer the customer easy access, see the statistics and reports to know how the environment is growing on a daily basis, know what is used, overused or underused on Exchange, SharePoint, BlackBerry or IBM Domino platforms.
With an agentless and independent statistics collection tool that also tests the multiple environments as a user, determining the health on usage, you can provide your customers the most valuable services for architecture validation.
From these reports, your recommendations will make the difference and offer your clients a chance to optimize their environment and maximize their investment.