Report and Analyze Exchange 2013
Conduct valuable analysis for proactive decisions
GSX Analyzer provides you with an intuitive web interface that consolidates all the performance and usage statistics in your collaborative environments.
GSX Monitor & Analyzer Main Features:
After just a few minutes, you can set up automatic reports on performance and availability. You will then be provided with comprehensive charts, trends and even forecasting capabilities.
GSX covers all the aspects of capacity management, from the end-to-end performance test, to the collect of server statistics, of usage and comparison of these statistics across the environment. Check the overall capacity and performance. Capacity does not mean only storage. Of course storage is at stake but managing capacity includes the management of the performance to proactively detect any slow down issue caused by a lack of capacity in terms of processing or storage
End-user monitoring experience
Availability is critical to manage for IT Administrators as they need to prevent any decrease in performance resulting in users’ complaints about the IT infrastructure.
GSX is constantly measuring the activity on your environment and its performance through regular synthetic transactions called “Scenarios” that report on service uptime and latency.
- Opening a Mailbox,
- Creating meetings, tasks and folders
- Downloading attachments from an email
- Searching for folders, email, appointments and tasks
- Creating and sending email
All the statistics that have been collected in real-time are sent to GSX Analyzer to conduct your environment analysis.
These scenarios also have a threshold to alert you when there is any slow down in performance. The numbers of success, failure and average execution times are displayed.
Furthermore, GSX constantly collects system statistics on your server like CPU, RAM or Disk Space usage.
All information is shown as graphs or inside the statistics view for direct action.
For any role, any protocol, any Exchange object, GSX collects performance statistics from an end user perspective thanks to its multiple synthetic transaction tests that determine the level of availability and performance of your environment.
GSX Analyzer collects these statistics and allows you to quickly compare the availability, the performance and the usage of each part of your environment, one with each other.
You can compare in seconds which Mailbox server it is constantly crashing, which CAS server is constantly overloaded.
Building capacity planning is not only about disk space and storage; it is about being sure that your infrastructure is able to answer the peak of charge and to adapt to the constant demand of resources.
Anticipate storage issues thanks to out-of-the-box set of statistics
- Size of the database: Reporting on a database size means that you know the amount of disk space (hard disk storage) used to anticipate capacity issues. It's critical to enable forecast on disk space statistics to anticipate on storage issues and potential device investments.
- Number of mailboxes and average size of a mailbox per database: These statistics are critical to size your infrastructure. E.g.: the architecture is set with a 5GB-quota per mailbox. The administrator can see the evolution of the mailbox size and compare with the Database quota setting stored. The purpose is to make capacity plans to anticipate additional storage purchase.
- Number of mailboxes and number of mailbox databases per server: The purpose is to balance the number of mailboxes between the database and the servers. Some servers can have a small number of users and a lot of storage, while others can have too many users for historical reasons. GSX allows the administrator to have a clear view and take corrective actions accordingly.
- Average mailbox size per server: Same thing as for average database size per server. Is the reality matching with the original sizing? Are there any storage problems to anticipate on this server regarding the evolution of this statistic?
- Total Disk Space usage for all mailbox databases (per server): This statistic is critical to make capacity planning. It has to be correlated with the information GSX gives on the disk space used by the database to detect further storage issues. GSX Analyzer Environmental Health and the Forecasting features are key points to fully take benefits of from these statistics.
- Disk space for any Exchange server: Disk Space Exchange data used (MB) and Disk Space Exchange Data free (MB).
Improve resources allocation. The historical trending capacity together with the powerful forecasting capabilities allow IT Administrators to better manage IT resources by anticipation.
Statistics to anticipate capacity issues and adjust your environment sizing
- Number and size of inbound and outbound connections sof received and sent messages
- Number of messages in queue
- Number of messages delivered to local mailboxes
- Number of messages that have been categorized but not routed
- Messages delivered locally
- Recipients having received a message
- Total email received
- Total email sent
GSX Analyzer enables you to trend all these statistics, to forecast them and of course like for every other role, to compare the servers loads and identify bottlenecks in your infrastructure.
Statistics to check sizing related to performance issue
- CAS Usage statistics: quite often, capacity problems come with a wrong split on the number of users among your Client Access Server infrastructure. GSX automatically trends and forecasts the user activity on your Client Access Server, calculating the average and the peak of charge to see if the infrastructure’s size supports its real usage.
- Average user connections
- Maximum concurrent user connections
- OWA average response time
- System Server Statistics: because system information is also very helpful, GSX does not leave it aside. You can choose to add any CPU, RAM, Exchange server availability, network and Disk Space.
Anticipate the future
Prediction has nothing to do with a crystal ball. It is only a matter of statistics and mathematics.
To predict the future and anticipating any storage or performance issue, you first need to find out what happened, you need to understand where your bottlenecks are and you can have consistent predictions based on your current infrastructure.
This is exactly what GSX Analyzer does.Trends and forecasts historical performance in one click
GSX Analyzer offers trending capabilities on historical data as well as forecasting features that enable you to graph metrics over days, weeks, months, building automatic reports sent in CSV, or customized PDF.
In seconds, you are able to compare performance statistics as well as service availability and forecast what should happen and how the infrastructure is supposed to evolve in the next period.
GSX lowers the Total Cost of Ownership of your overall collaboration infrastructure with a better control and anticipation.
GSX is helping IT admistrators understand the current situation of their environment and gives them the ability to know what needs to plan and size accordingly.
GSX Monitor & Analyzer displays real-time statistics with figures and graphs. It gathers the statistics by day, week and month.
After running GSX Monitor & Analyzer for one week, and you will start to have valuable statistics on how the sizing has been done, how the Databases are growing, how disk space is decreasing, how mailbox quotas are set, etc.
GSX Analyzer has simple views for trending, forecasting and storage management checks.
Reports are configured within minutes and can be rearranged (drag and drop, compare multiple statistics) directly on the web interface.
Forecasting is configured in 10 seconds by clicking on the feature and choosing the amount of time you want the forecast to last. Any statistics monitored by GSX are available for forecasting.
The Environmental Health view allows you to compare Disk and Database utilization to clearly locate bottlenecks in the infrastructure.
All of the research and data collection is automatic. What are the customer's benefits? They can have valuable, well-informed recommendations, the ability to display customizable reports and automate manual tasks.