GSX Solutions Privacy
Collection and Processing of Your Personal Data
GSX ID, registration and customer support
When you register to use a GSX website or product, create a GSX ID, or contact us for support or other offerings, GSX collects, exports, and uses information that identifies you. This may include your name, company name, address, or payment information. We may also sometimes collect other information that does not identify you, such as your job title or industry. To help keep our databases current and to provide you the most relevant content and experiences, we may combine information from you with information from public sources and our trusted partners, in accordance with applicable law. For example, from these sources, we may learn the company size and industry of our business customers.
GSX websites and products
We collect information about how you use our websites and products, including when you use a desktop product feature that takes you online. We may collect information that your browser or device typically sends to our servers whenever you visit a GSX website, or when a GSX desktop product feature takes you online. For example, your browser or device may tell us your IP address (which may tell us generally where you are located) and the type of browser and device you used. GSX may collect information about how you use our websites and products by using cookies and similar technologies, and our servers may collect similar information when you are logged in to the website. Depending on the website, this information may be anonymous or it may be associated with you.
GSX product activation and automatic updates
When you activate your GSX product, we collect certain information about your device, the GSX product, and your product key access code. Some of our products include features that connect to our servers and offer you the ability to install updates to the product. We may keep track of information such as whether the update was successful or not.
In addition to the information you provide, we may also collect information during your visit to our website through automated tools, which include Web beacons, cookies, embedded Web links, and other commonly used information-gathering tools. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website such as your browser type and language, access times, and the address of the website from which you arrived at our websites. Using these tools, GSX is also able to confirm receipt of e-mails that the recipient consented to receive, and can track other information such as pages visited on our websites
GSX online advertising
GSX advertises online in a variety of ways, including displaying GSX ads to you across the Internet on websites and otherwise. We collect information about which ads are displayed, which ads are clicked on, and on which web page the ad was displayed.
Buttons, tools, and content from other companies
GSX websites may include buttons, tools, or content that link to other companies' services (for example, a Facebook "Like" button). We may collect information about your use of these features. In addition, when you see or interact with these buttons, tools, or content, or view a GSX web page containing them, some information from your browser may automatically be sent to these companies.
GSX social networking pages and social sign-on services
GSX has its own pages on some social networking sites. You may also be able to sign in to a GSX website using a social networking account, such as a Facebook account. We may collect information when you interact with our social networking pages or use these sign-on features.
How does GSX use the information it collects about me?
GSX uses the information we collect about you in a number of ways, including:
- To process your purchase orders and deliver the products and services that you have ordered;
- To better understand how our products are being used so we can improve them;
- To diagnose problems in our websites and products, and to administer our website;
- To keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates or upgrades, system enhancements, special offers and other information. This may occasionally include information from other companies or business partners about products and services that can add value to your GSX products;
- To tailor a website, product, or GSX marketing to your likely interests;
- To provide the ability to contact you, and provide you with information regarding billing or payment, expiration of your maintenance fee, and to provide customer feedback and support;
- To provide the ability to create personal profile areas and view protected content;
- To conduct market research about you, your interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
- To meet contractual obligations; and
- To reduce fraud, software piracy, and protecting our customers as well as GSX, or as required by law.
What are cookies and how does GSX use them?
Sharing Your Personal Information?
GSX works with companies that help us run our business. These companies provide services such as processing orders, processing credit card payments, hosting websites, selling, marketing or distributing our products, providing customer support, providing you with information on products and services that may be of interest to you, and sending emails on our behalf. In some cases, these companies have access to some of your personal information in order to provide services to you on our behalf.
GSX may also share your personal information:
- When you agreed to the sharing;
- With our agents, distributors and other sales partners;
- When we are required to provide information in response to a court or arbitral tribunal order, or any other authority or under applicable laws or legal processes;
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites or applications against attacks, or protect the property and safety of GSX, our customers and end users, or the public; and
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company; we sell a GSX website, product, or business unit or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company.
We may share or publish aggregate information that does not specifically identify you, such as statistical information about visitors to our websites or statistical information about how customers use our products and services.
We do not sell or rent your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
Is my personal information secure?
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and GSX cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Where does GSX store my personal information?
Your personal information and data files are stored on GSX' servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us. Your personal information may be transferred across national borders because we have servers located worldwide and the companies we hire to help us run our business are located in different countries around the world.
Will GSX market to me?
The GSX group of companies and companies we hire to help us products on our behalf may use your information to provide you with information and offers related to GSX. We give you choices regarding our marketing practices.
Who can I contact with questions or concerns?
If you have a privacy question or complaint, please email us at privacy@GSX.com.